AFIC has developed a Research Strategy.
Purpose of the Strategy
To guide the development of sustainable competitive advantages, for the value chains derived from arable raw materials, for the benefit of all participants in those chains.
Actively guide industry R&D investment to:
- Attract government investment in our industry
- Avoid duplication in research
- Begin the move away from commodity production
Principles upon which the Research framework was built
- Innovation – be more responsive and innovative than our international competitors
- Quality – embrace international best practice in all activities
- Environment – work towards sustainable industries
- Intellectual Property – ensure optimum protection of IP to encourage investment
- Maintaining and developing key capabilities – continue to develop things that we’re good at
- Safety and Health – effectively managing risk with risk mitigation strategies